Ingredients 1 kg/2¼lb cooked chickpeas 4 bananas, sliced 1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and diced 25g/1oz sultanas For the dressing 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped 200ml/7floz olive oil 6 garlic cloves, deseeded and finely chopped 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped 1 teaspoon black onion seeds (nigella) juice of 4 lemons, or […]
- 1 kg/2¼lb cooked chickpeas
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and diced
- 25g/1oz sultanas
For the dressing
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 200ml/7floz olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black onion seeds (nigella)
- juice of 4 lemons, or to taste
- a bunch of coriander, stalks and leaves chopped together
To make the dressing, gently sauté the onion in olive oil for 10 mins without colouring. Add the garlic, chillies, onion seeds and chilli powder and sauté for 3 mins. Remove from the heat and leave to cool, then stir in the lemon juice and coriander.
Put the chickpeas, bananas, mango and sultanas in a bowl and mix in the dressing. Check the seasoning and serve.