An Operations Manager with a background in a lab supervisory/management is needed in Carlow.
- The role will be to ensure the smooth running of the lab. This includes trouble shooting machines breakdowns, ensuring fast turnaround times are met, implementing efficiencies to the laboratory, implementing a new lab rota and schedule for particular projects.
- Deputising for the laboratory manager to be able to work with the lab manager. This will also include training in the quality system along with all tests carried out. You will need to be able to discuss results with customer and interpret them in full.
- Other lab tasks will include general day to day laboratory management tasks.
- Managing projects including numerous soil and water projects that the company currently has and future projects. This includes dealing with the customers’ requests, complaints, queries and follow ups in an extremely fast effective and efficient manner to ensure the customer gets the best results possible.
- Responsibility for managing our expanding field services department, schedule, time, vans, training and to ensure all costs are covered. This also means ensuring correct paperwork before entering site is supplied, all technicians are trained and understand the scope of the job and all health and safety measures are met in full.
- Responsibility also for managing people within the company such as administrative staff to ensure their time is well managed and planned.
- Work with the IT department to develop an efficient LIMS system. This requires knowledge of computer systems and laboratory information management systems. You will be fully responsible for the implementation of this throughout the laboratory.
- A degree in a Science discipline or Mathematics is preferred.
- Must have experience in a management role or project management role within a science discipline and managing people
- Must have experience in a laboratory.
- This person must be able to bring new ideas, developments and efficiencies to the company.
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.
For immediate consideration please call Pairic on 051-878813 or email your CV in response to this job posting.
Hartley People also recruit for similar roles such as Analytical Chemist, Quality Control Manager, Quality Control Technician, Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Assurance Technician, New Product Development Manger, Quality Systems Manager, Formulation Scientist, Development Technologist.