The Department of Social Protection has set up a dedicated phone line for employees and employers who have queries about the Covid-19 payments.
The line is open from 9am to 5pm: 01-2481398 / 1890-800-024.
Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment
The COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment is a payment of €350 per week. It is available to all employees and the self-employed who have lost their job due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
The COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment will be in place for the duration of the crisis.
If you have been temporarily placed on a shorter working week, you may qualify for Short Time Work Support.
You can apply for the new COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment if you:
- are an employee or self-employed
- are aged between 18 and 66 years old
- live in the Republic of Ireland
- have lost your job due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic
- have ceased trading due to the pandemic if you are self-employed
The payment also applies to
- non EU/EEA workers who have lost employment due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic
- students (and non-EU/EEA students) who have lost employment due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic
- part-time workers
Apply for payment
The quickest and easiest way to apply for the emergency Covid-19 payment is by applying online at mywelfare.ie.
All you need is your email to set up a basic MyGovID account which then allows you to apply online.
Send the completed application form by Freepost to:
Freepost, PO Box 12896, Dublin 1
Request a Form be posted out to you
This email address is only to request that an application form be posted out to you so please supply your name and address. Forms can only be posted to addresses in Ireland.