Date(s) - 18/05/2019
11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
National Design & Craft Gallery
The National Design and Craft Gallery are holding a fabulous day of free events for all the family for National Drawing Day on Saturday 18th May.
All events are FREE and are Suitable for Children & Adults but you need to book on Eventbrite (which you can do here).
- Craft & Drawing DROP-IN Workshops from 11am to 3pm at the National Design & Craft Gallery. Swing by to experience lots of FREE creative family fun this National Drawing Day.
- There are a wide range of workshops including:
– Drawing using wool and thread on handmade felt squares with Marika Manning.
– Make your own handmade sheets of paper incorporating embossing technique with hand paper maker, Tunde Toth.
– Develop skills in perspective drawing, with Marie Willgard Kelly of the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland Jewellery and Goldsmithing Skills & Design Course.
– Learn the skill of silk screen printing onto tote bags and create themed textile designs inspired by our Monumentality/Fragility exhibition.
- There will also be a fun Garden Party! Interactive lawn activities will be led by junior volunteers, including slate chalk drawing, wigwam weaving, bubbles and more. Homemade lemonade provided.
All Events are Suitable for Children & Adults