St Patrick’s Centre (Kilkenny):
Administration Assistant (Permanent Contract 37 hours)
Administration Assistant (Fixed Term Contract Part-Time 18 ½ hours)
St Patrick’s Centre has transitioned from a congregated setting to community based supports, which will enable people to live a good life in their own home, with the supports and opportunities to become active, valued and inclusive members of their local communities. St Patrick’s Community Services enable a supported self-directed living (SSDL) model of provision which is underpinned by our beliefs, values and vision.
We are looking for an Administration Assistant for 37 hours per week & 18 ½ hours per week . The role of the Administration Assistant is to provide administrative support across the organisation including but not limited to creating reports, taking minutes, updating spreadsheets, filling, sending correspondence, filling out forms, scanning documents, making and taking phone calls, carry out audits and perform additional duties as required.
The person appointed to this post should be flexible in their approach to service provision and should have the ability to work as a member of a team. This is role will evolve as professional, structural and demands change and the post holder will be required to demonstrate flexibility to facilitate this.
Proven and demonstrated experience in administration and/or
Qualification in Business Administration/Health & Safety desirable but not essential
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working in a busy, changeable environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with staff at all levels of the organisation
- Strong experience in Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Ability to plan work and keep records of work completed
- Attention to detail & high level of accuracy
- Implementation and maintenance of required systems
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Self-starter with initiative and drive and an ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise own workload
- Be an effective team player with an open and flexible attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentially of sensitive information
- Full clean drivers licence and own transportation
Benefits of working with us
- Competitive salary linked to HSE Salary Scales.
- Training Opportunities
- Pension Plan
- Fortnightly pay
- Paid leave schemes
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work-life balance
Applications for this post to be submitted on the attached application form along with a CV and cover letter outlining suitability to: Human Resource Dept, St Patrick’s Centre, Kells Rd, Kilkenny or by email to [email protected]. Queries to Adrienne Hayes on 056 772 2170
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 04th January 2021
We look forward to hearing from you!
St Patrick’s Centre is an equal opportunities employer.