About Carlow County Development Partnership
We are the Local Development Company in Carlow. Our corporate purpose is to enable communities in Carlow realise their social and economic potential. We achieve our corporate purpose by proactively leading the research, design and delivery of high impact social, economic and environmental community projects in Carlow, and by being an active partner in strategic collaborative community initiatives.
The CEO will:
· Report directly to the Board of Directors of the Company,
· Oversee the successful implementation of the strategic plan (currently being completed) and direction of the organisation,
· Develop annual budgets for approval by the Board of Directors,
· Support the Board of Directors to discharge their statutory responsibilities, including but not limited to compliance with the Charities Code,
· Plan, direct and co-ordinate operational activities, including project portfolios, for the organisation with the assistance of the senior management team to deliver on the organisation’s mission and vision while complying with operational frameworks,
· Oversee the financial management of all aspects of the organisation’s activities,
· Manage and maintain strategic relationships with community groups, statutory bodies, Government Departments, funders and other agencies and regulatory bodies,
· Represent Carlow County Development Partnership at local and national levels to various bodies with a view to promoting its services, exchanging ideas and accomplishing objectives,
· Represent Carlow County Development Partnership in all mainstream media and social media channels,
· Develop strategic alliances with relevant bodies and networks to jointly explore and generate collaborative projects which deliver on the organisations mission and vision,
· Develop talent across the organisation to include motivating, coaching and up-skilling of individual staff and teams,
· Other responsibilities which may be assigned to the Chief Executive Officer from time to time.
Key Areas of Work:
· Support the Board of Directors in their role,
· Oversee all programmes,
· Ensure that all legal obligations are fulfilled including but not limited to Health & Safety, Corporate Governance, GDPR, Charities Code requirements are being fulfilled,
· Liaise with all relevant Departments, Statutory Authorities and stakeholders,
· Create and maintain effective communication channels with local stakeholders and target groups to identify and develop new opportunities for the Company to support the needs of Communities in the County of Carlow,
· Together with the Finance Manager, oversee and monitor the financial operations of the company including the development of programme and annual budgets, where applicable,
the development and or review of financial control policies and procedures for approval by the Board of Directors, monitor all budgets and spend on all programme lines,
· Overview and responsibility for the HRM processes within the Company including but not limited to ensuring all HRM policies and procedures are update to date and relevant and ensuring the annual reviews/appraisals are being carried out with all staff,
· Active role in ensuring the relevance of the strategic direction of the company, ensuring compliance with the existing strategic plan and monitoring and evaluating the outcomes.
Essential Education and Experience
· Educated to QQI level 8 or higher, in a relevant discipline, and
· Minimum of 5 years’ senior management experience in the area of social enterprise/not-for-profit/charity/community development/local development/international development.
· Knowledge of community development methodologies in a local context, including local and national policy direction, priority government and EU programmes and strategies and current national and EU relevant research,
· Proven excellent relationship building skills – capable of managing relationships with Government Departments and policy makers,
· Understanding of, and alignment, with Carlow County Development Partnership vision, ethos, values and mission,
· Experience of working with the requirements of Corporate Governance in order to ensure company compliance,
· Evidence of experience of Strategic Management and managing change,
· Proven ability to form alliance with strategic partners to add value to the organisation strategy,
· Fully proficient in Microsoft 365 suite,
· Proven experience of delivering results while implementing a systematic approach to continuous quality assurance and quality improvement.
Contract duration: 12 months
Salary scale: The salary will be based on Assistant Principal Officer grade and will be dependent on experience.
Location: Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow.
How to Apply: To apply for this role, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 4th June 2021.
More information about Carlow County Development Partnership can be found at www.carlowdevelopment.ie
Employment Equality Opportunity
Carlow County Development Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. This means we are opposed to discrimination and that the most suitable candidate will be appointed regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, or other characteristics.