St Patrick’s Centre (Kilkenny): Community Support Worker
Community Support Worker (39 hours per week 1 Year Fixed Term Contract)
Do you enjoy being ‘out and about’ and have an interest in, cinema, horse riding and art? Could you provide supports to a young woman who has the same interests?
We are currently recruiting for a person to provide support to a young lady aged 24 years. Claire (pseudonym) has a keen interest in swimming, horse riding and art. Claire is a very social girl and loves interacting with and meeting new people.
Claire likes being part of the community and likes to go shopping and chatting. She has a keen interest in art, sports, music and enjoys walking.
Claire lives with her family and is a very active young lady with a busy schedule; she is also a member of the order of Malta.
**This is a 39 hour per week – 1 Year Fixed Term Contract ( Monday to Friday) requirement with flexibility of working hours and own transport as essential**
Please submit the application form along with a CV and a cover letter to: HR, St Patrick’s Centre, Unit 11/12 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny or via email to [email protected] . Full job description & application form available from http://www.stpatrickskilkenny.com. Enquiries to Adrienne Hayes on 056 772 2170. Closing date for receipt of applications is January 4th 2021.
Salary Scale: Linked to HSE Salary Scales (Care Assistant Intellectual Disability)
Qualifications required: A relevant Certificate in Health Care Supports @ FETAC Level 5 or equivalent.
Essential skills and experience
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience in supporting individuals to live a good life
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Planning & organisational skills
- Ability to ensure a safe work environment
- Basic hygiene and infection control knowledge
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office and reporting writing
- Must be willing and able to participate in swimming pool activities
- Must be willing and able to drive the St. Patrick’s transport vehicles
- Clean Driver’s License & own transport essential (to support Claire to attend activities travel expenses for mileage will be covered )
St Patrick’s Centre is an equal opportunities employer
We look forward to hearing from you!