Callan Bacon are recruiting for permanent and fixed term general operatives to work day and evening shift.
Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Good rates of pay with some overtime available.
Apply with CV to Clarissa in Human Resources on [email protected]
Purpose of Job:
The General Operative will report to the Production Manager or Production Supervisor and will take direction on a day to day basis from the Team Leader.
They will be required to be available on both the day and the evening shift depending on business levels and shift rotation.
They will ensure that products are produced safely, efficiently to the highest level of quality for the customer.
- Carry out tasks within area of responsibility to meet daily output requirements.
- Comply with SOPs, Safety and Quality system and procedures in their area.
- Maintain equipment and work area in careful and orderly manner.
- Take part in continuous improvement initiatives and opportunities to improve work processes.
- Follow and adhere to work instructions and procedures.
- Achieve daily and weekly production targets.
- Follow checklists and work flow guidelines where applicable.
- Assist Lead Hands during changeover of products to minimise downtime.
- Highlight any product, package or machine deficiencies to Team Leader or supervisor.
- Support Maintenance and Quality and other personnel to ensure production line runs safely and efficiently and to the highest level of quality.
Skills and experience required:
- A good command of the English language both written and oral.
- Previous experience in manufacturing is highly desirable
- Good organisational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Teamwork and positive interpersonal skills
- An eye for detail, quality focused and results orientated
- Flexibility to work both day and evening shifts and to be available to work overtime if required.
- Overtime rate of time and a half
- Sick Pay Scheme after 12 months of service
- Onsite continuous training (Manual handling, forklift etc)
- Career progression opportunities