St Patrick’s Centre (Kilkenny)
Maintenance Operator x 2 Posts
(Permanent Contract – Full Time )
(Fixed Term Contract x 1 Year – Part Time)
St Patrick’s Centre has transitioned from a congregated setting to community based supports which will enable people to live a good life in their own home, with the supports and opportunities to become active, valued and inclusive members of their local communities. St Patrick’s Community Services enable a supported self-directed living (SSDL) model of provision which is underpinned by our beliefs, values and vision.
We are looking for 2 Posts a Maintenance Operator for 39 hours per week & Maintenance Operator for 19 ½ hours per week. The role of the Maintenance Operator is to provide a high quality maintenance service in St Patrick’s Centre properties and co-ordinate outsourced repairs where required.
The person appointed to this post should be flexible in their approach to service provision and should have the ability to work as a member of a team. This role will evolve as professional, structural and demands change and the post holder will be required to demonstrate flexibility to facilitate this.
Essential skills and experience:
- Safe Pass Essential
- Full Clean Drivers licence (own transportation essential)
- Minimum of 3 years direct Maintenance/construction experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility (as from time to time additional duties / hours may be required due to demand)
- Demonstrate evidence of IT Literacy
- Demonstrate capability of writing clear and precise reports and keeping work records
- Demonstrate clear communication in order to display adaptability and the capacity to cope with change and stressful situations for the person and others
Benefits of working with us
- Competitive salary linked to HSE Salary Scales.
- Training Opportunities
- Pension Plan
- Fortnightly pay
- Paid leave schemes
- Employee Assistance Program
Applications for this post to be submitted on the below application form along with a CV and cover letter outlining suitability to: Human Resource Dept, St Patrick’s Centre, Unit 11/12 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny or by email to [email protected]. Queries to Adrienne Hayes on 056 772 2170
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 4th December 2020
We look forward to hearing from you!
St Patrick’s Centre is an equal opportunities employer.