Documentaries on KCLR: We Had Names

We Had Names

Vintage Microphone
We Had Names

We Had Names is a documentary that tells the story of the 975 people who were buried in unconsecrated grounds on the site of the old Kilkenny Workhouse at the height of the famine between 1847 and 1851.  They remained forgotten until excavations made during the development of McDonagh Juntion Shopping Centre in 2005 uncovered the poignant story which is told here in this documentary by Sue Nunn.  Funded by the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland with the television license fee

To Top