General Competition Terms & Conditions
- It is agreed and accepted by you that, to the extent permitted by law, the Radio Station and the Sponsor shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of Competition.
- You have made certain representations and warranties to the Radio Station and the Sponsor (both in these Rules and otherwise) in entering the Competition and/or applying for a place on the Competition. The Radio Station and the Sponsor have relied on the accuracy and truth of such representations and warranties in granting a place to you. Should the Radio Station, the Sponsor or their agents become aware of any fraud, dishonesty, deceit or similar action undertaken in connection with the Competition or otherwise, or any act or omission which might (in the Radio Station or the Sponsor’ opinion, which shall be final) have an adverse effect on the Competition, the Radio Station or the Sponsor each reserve the right in its absolute discretion (without notice to you and/or without giving reasons) to (i) forfeit your place on the Competition; or (ii) withdraw the Prize(s).
- You agree to co-operate with and comply with all reasonable requests of the Radio Station, the Sponsor and their agents and employees (and in particular the health and safety team) in connection with the Competition and its broadcast.
- Winners of prizes with a value equal to, or greater than €300 shall be excluded from winning any other prizes on any of the stations platforms or on air activity for a period of 90 days.
Additional Terms: Mystery Voice
- Only entries submitted during competition opening times will be valid (weekdays 7:00-10:00 Mystery Voice)
- You are limited to one entry per day, per person
- If multiple entries are submitted only the first one would be counted
- In the event that you guess the correct answer and you are chosen as a winner, you are not eligible to enter the Mystery Voice nor Wheel of 4 Tunes competition for 90 days.
- KCLR will not accept responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any network, system, server, provider, or otherwise which may result in entries being lost, in audible, incomprehensible.
- KCLR’s decision regarding prize winners will be final, and no correspondence regarding that decision will be entered into.
- KCLR prizes are non-transferable, and will only be awarded to the prize winner.
- Use of a false name or address by a competition entrant, i.e. a name by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
- Any person or persons found to be in disregard of any of the above rules will be disqualified automatically. KCLR reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion
- Employees and contractors of KCLR, their representatives and immediate family members are excluded from participating in the competition. For these purposes “immediate family members” include a spouse, partner, child, step- child, grandchild, brother, step brother, sister, step sister, parent, step parent or legal guardian.
Competition entries via text message and telephone
- Please note, only Entrants with mobile phones using certain networks will be able to participate in Competitions using a Short Message Service (“SMS”), known commonly as a text message. Users should check with their service provider for details of compatibility. Neither the Radio Station nor the Sponsor will be liable in the event of telephone or text message entries not received as a result of network incompatibility, technical faults, or otherwise.
- Outside of mobile phone usage, entry is available online at kclr96fm.com.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you should follow the on-air instructions regarding the texting of Competition answers extremely carefully as the Radio Station cannot guarantee Competition entry for misspelt or incorrect text entries.
- In the event that a telephone call to the Competition Entrant is disconnected for any reason before or during the Competition, the Radio Station reserves the right to select another Entrant to participate in the Competition. In the event that an Entrant does not answer their telephone when contacted by a representative of the Radio Station in order to participate in the Competition, the Radio Station reserves the right to select another Entrant to participate in the Competition.
Claims to prizes
- In order to enable the Radio Station to correctly identify genuine claims and to eliminate non-genuine, deceitful or fraudulent claims, evidence of Competition entry must be made available if requested for the checking of such claim. In addition, the Radio Station reserves the right to request proof of identity, age and address in the form of your passport or driving licence, and proof of your address in the form of a utility bill. The Radio Station may also carry out an interview in order to validate such claims. Interviews may be by telephone or in person with you and may be recorded. The Radio Station may also ask you to provide an in-studio recording to compare to your on-air win to provide proof of vocal identity. If you refuse to provide any of these details or participate in or answer all questions raised in such an interview without good reason then your place in the Competition will be treated as invalidated and the Prize may be withdrawn.
- If the Radio Station becomes aware of any fraud, deceit, misconduct or similar action during or in relation to the Competition which relates in any way to a claim, then that claim will not be met unless it is proven to the satisfaction of the Radio Station, that you had no actual or imputed knowledge of such fraud or deceit or similar action. For the avoidance of doubt (and without limitation), if you provide an incorrect name, age, address or other incorrect information in relation to the entry, then the Radio Station reserves the absolute right to treat that entry as invalid (whether or not such information comes to light before or after you have made the claim). If the fraud, deceit, misconduct or other action is only discovered after the Prize has been released, you undertake to return the same (or provide compensation) to the Radio Station forthwith upon notification by the Radio Station.
- Winners of Prizes will be notified on air and Prizes will be despatched by the Sponsor to the winners within a timely period. The Competition requires Entrants to take part in a radio show in order to win the Prize. Where an Entrant fails to take part as required, or takes part but fails a subsequent test of skill which is required to win the Prize that Entrant will be deemed to have forfeited their opportunity to win the Prize and may be disqualified from the Competition.
Disqualification of Entries and Cancellation of the Competition
- You acknowledge that the interests and good reputation of the Radio Station and the Sponsors are paramount and the Radio Station may, at its reasonable discretion, withdraw a place or require you to cease to have any involvement in the Competition if it believes it is in the best interests of the Radio Station or the Sponsor to do so.
- The Radio Station reserves the right to immediately withdraw your place on the Competition or the Prize if it believes you to be in breach of any of your obligations, or representations and warranties, under the Rules or if you otherwise conduct yourself in a manner which is inappropriate or unsuitable (as determined in the reasonable discretion of the Radio Station). You shall be responsible for any additional costs in this respect.
- In the event of disqualification, the Radio Station reserves the right to select another Entrant to take part in the Competition.
- The Radio Station shall be entitled, in its reasonable discretion, to cancel (and/or recommence) the Competition with immediate effect by on air announcement (in the case of on-air Competitions) or by stating the same on the relevant website (in the case of on-line Competitions) without any liability in respect thereof. In this event (and assuming a valid claim has already been made), the Radio Station will use reasonable endeavours to offer an alternative prize at some other time and/or if applicable some other destination, which may be accepted instead by you. If such alternative prize is not accepted (or not made) you shall have no claim against the Radio Station in respect of the cancellation or delay of the Competition or Prize or for any expense or damage whatsoever incurred as a result thereof.
- The Radio Station and its Sponsor reserve the right to cancel, suspend or amend the Promotion at any time without giving prior notice and without liability to any Entrant(s). The Promoter further reserves the right to cancel or to temporarily suspend the Promotion in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise the integrity of the Promotion without giving prior notice and without liability to any Entrant(s).
- The Radio Station reserves the right to forfeit your place on the Competition or the Prize (without liability or compensation) if, in its opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury or to the cancellation, disruption, or curtailment of the Competition.
- The Radio Station reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to (i) disqualify any claimant or Entrant whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of these Rules or the intention of the Competition; (ii) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from printing, production or distribution errors (including any errors relating to the description of the Competition) or where there has been errors in the preparation for or the conduct of the Competition materially affecting the result of the Competition or the number of claims or the value of the claims.
- You undertake not at any time to disclose, reveal, communicate or otherwise make public any information relating to the Radio Station, the Sponsor, their businesses, personnel, servants, agents or officers to anyone. You may not publicise your involvement in the Competition or the fact that you have won a Prize without the prior written permission of the Radio Station and the Sponsor.
- Winners must, as a condition of the Prize participate in all reasonable publicity required by the Radio Station, the Sponsor and/or third parties connected with the Competition. You acknowledge and agree that the Radio Station and the Sponsor may publish winners’ names on any and all media and make these available on request to third parties. Winners’ names are available on request by sending an SAE to the Station Manager of the Radio Station.
- You shall not without the specific prior written consent of the Radio Station and the Sponsor publish or disclose any information in connection with the Competition or the Prize (in particular, without limitation, to a representative of the media, in whatever form). You shall not be entitled to give interviews or be involved in articles or reports in respect of the Competition or the Prize with any third party. All rights in relation to the Competition and your involvement therein shall vest exclusively with the Radio Station.
- You agree to undertake (as requested by the Radio Station or the Sponsor) all interviews, Competitions and other activities and to the reproduction, publication, exhibition, transmission and broadcast of such by all means and media throughout the world at the discretion of the Radio Station or the Sponsor in perpetuity.
- Without limitation to any other rights under this Agreement, the Radio Station and the Sponsor shall be entitled to refer to your association with the Competition and the Prize in all publicity, marketing and Competition material in connection therewith.
- Unless otherwise stated, Competition entries will not be returned to you.
- In respect of copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Competition, your entry into the Competition, and your involvement in the Competition (including, without limitation, all interviews, pictures, audio, audio-visual, whether your appearance is featured or incidental) in all media and technology (the “Products“), you:
- hereby grant to the Radio Station and the Sponsor a non-exclusive, royalty-free perpetual worldwide licence to use any such copyright and other intellectual property rights in any and all media to the extent the Radio Station or the Sponsor deems it appropriate; and
- agree, at the Radio Station’s or the Sponsor’ request, to assign to the Radio Station the entire such copyright and other intellectual property rights (including without limitation where such Products are not in existence at the date of this Agreement, by way of present assignment of future copyright) and you agree to do all such acts as may be reasonably requested of you by the Radio Station to effect the assignment under this clause and you agree that the licence and, if applicable, any assignment shall include the right for the Radio Station to alter, edit, compile, amend or otherwise adapt such Products and/or use such Products in conjunction with any other material and to use, distribute and/or broadcast such Products in all media and all formats (including transmission by way of analogue transmission, digital audio broadcasting, internet, satellite, television, film, cable or telephony) and the right to sub-license such rights to any other persons, in each case for such purposes as the Radio Station may in its absolute discretion determine.
- Any information submitted by you relating to the Competition must be personal and related specifically to you. You warrant that any information which you submit to the Radio Station will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. The Radio Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove such information.
- By entering the Competition and submitting any material or Products you warrant to the Radio Station that:
- you own or are licensed in respect of the Products submitted as part of the Competition conditions and that you have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out in these Rules;
- the Radio Station is free and able to use the Products in accordance with and in the manner set out in any relevant terms;
- you agree to waive any moral rights you may have in the Products and have obtained a waiver or all applicable moral rights in the Product and further have obtained all consents and permissions in respect of the Product;
- the Products do not violate any applicable law or regulation (including any laws regarding anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- the Products are not defamatory, trade libellous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- the Products are not obscene or pornographic; and
- the Products do not, to the best of your knowledge, contain any viruses or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- The Entrant to the Competition is the individual submitting the media (i.e. the person who owns the mobile telephone or who can be reached at the relevant email address). If the person(s) whose image is captured in any images, videos or other media is different to the person submitting the media, the person featured in the image shall have no claim to the Prize or any part thereof.
- You must ensure that any person or persons whose image has been used in the relevant Products has given valid consent for the use of their image or has waived any rights they may have in the images, videos or other media submitted. Failure to adequately demonstrate this consent to the satisfaction of the Radio Station may result in your disqualification from the Competition and forfeiture of any Prize.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition will vest exclusively in the Sponsor for its own use (in its absolute discretion).
THE INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU
- The Sponsor and the Radio Station respects the privacy of Entrants and the telephone details will only be used for the purposes of contacting any Entrants in relation to the Competition.
- By accepting the Prize, the winner grants the Sponsor and the Radio Station the right to use and publish his/her name and picture in such media as the Sponsor or the Radio Station may choose (including but not limited to the internet) for advertising and promotional purposes, and in the manner described in these Rules, without additional consideration.
- At any time, a Entrant can make a written request to the Sponsor and the Radio Station to have access to personal information that the Sponsor or the Radio Station holds about him or her, or may inform the Sponsor and the Radio Station of any changes in his or her personal data, by contacting the Sponsor and the Radio Station at:
- KCLR96fm and Tel: 1890 90 9696
- exclusion of liability
- Neither the Sponsor nor the Radio Station is liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury suffered by you arising out of or in any way connected with the Competition or Prizes other than those costs and expenses specifically provided for in the Prize (if any). This exclusion does not include any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- Neither the Sponsor nor the Radio Station accept liability (and excludes all liability) for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings or for special, direct, indirect or consequential loss of any nature howsoever arising.
- Neither the Sponsor nor the Radio Station shall be liable to perform any of its obligations under the Competition or in respect of the Prizes where it is unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond any of their reasonable control and whilst the Radio Station may endeavour to provide an alternative Prize, it shall not be liable to compensate you in such circumstances.
- You will comply with the instructions and directions of the Radio Station, the Sponsor or the Radio Station’s or the Sponsor’ representatives. Failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification or withdrawal of the Prize, at the Radio Station’s or the Sponsor’ direction.
- You agree you will not by any act or omission do anything, which might bring the Radio Station, the Sponsor or their businesses into disrepute. You represent and warrant that you do not have any criminal convictions or criminal record and have not undertaken any past act or conduct which could adversely affect the reputation of the Competition, the Sponsor or the Radio Station. You also warrant that you do not currently, and have not in the past, worked for any other radio station or media organisation in Ireland.
- Source material utilised by the Radio Station’s or the Sponsor’ question compilers shall be taken as correct.
- Late entries (i.e. entries received after the relevant advertised closing date for the Competition) will not be accepted.
- The Radio Station and the Sponsor do not accept responsibility for entries to the Competition or Prizes lost, damaged or delayed in transit nor for any technical failure, malfunction or any other problem in any network, system, server, provider, related to telephone networks/lines, computer systems or equipment, internet issues including traffic congestion. Entrants hereby waive any claim whatsoever for any losses, costs, damages and expenses arising from any such problems.
- No entries will be accepted from agents, in bulk or from third parties.
- The decision of the Radio Station’s or the Sponsor’ judges is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be void. Unless otherwise stated, photocopies (e.g. of entries or tokens) will not be accepted.
- The Radio Station and the Sponsor each reserve the right, in their reasonable discretion, to add to, amend, or waive any Rules on reasonable notice, including but not limited to extending or reducing the duration of the Competition, and giving clues.
- The Radio Station and Sponsor cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by you in entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any Prize.
- You undertake the Competition and the taking of any Prize at your own risk.
- You agree to indemnify the Radio Station, the Sponsor and their employees against all costs, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities (including for loss of reputation and goodwill and professional advisors fees) suffered by the Radio Station and the Sponsor arising as a result of a breach by you of your obligations under the Rules or in any way in connection your failure to follow the Radio Station’s or the Sponsor’ reasonable instructions with regard to your entry into the Competition or taking of the Prize.
- In the case of text and on-line Competitions you acknowledge that the telecommunications network and/or internet may not be a secure medium and information submitted to Competitions hosted on websites, or via text apps or website whether or not owned or controlled by the Radio Station may be accessed by third parties. Neither the Sponsor nor the Radio Station accept liability for loss resulting from your entry to an online or text Competition.
- These Rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and you and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ireland.
- The Rules represent the entire agreement between you the Radio Station and the Sponsor relating to the Competition or the Prize (unless otherwise expressly confirmed in writing by the Radio Station or the Sponsor) and supersede all prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing). Except as specifically set out herein, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are excluded. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or any part of these Rules or any specific terms for the Competition published on this website or in any media featuring the Competition does not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Rules.
- The failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided hereunder or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or waiver of other rights or remedies.
- If any provision of the Rules are held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part that part shall be severed from other terms and conditions and the validity of the other provisions of the Rules and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
Reviewed January 2023
Additional Terms: Online Competitions
- For competitions involving online voting only one vote for each valid email address will be accepted and we reserve the right to disqualify any entrant making, or attempting to make, multiple votes.
- Voting and participating in an interactive poll is intended for individuals as consumers and the programme producers reserve the right to discount voles or polls if they reasonably consider them to have been made other than by individuals as consumers and those within the jurisdiction.
- The result of the vote or poll will be established from all eligible votes or poll entries submitted between the opening date/time and the closing date/time of that vote or poll and received by KCLR and/or the producer of the programme. The outcome of the vote or poll will be revealed and/or published after the lines have closed.
- KCLR reserve the right to omit any votes or poll entries in a competition that it deems to be multiple or an attempt to manipulate the vote.
- In the case of competitions on social networks, the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social network platform. You are providing your information to KCLR and not to any social network platform. The information you provide will only be used for the administration of the competition by KCLR unless otherwise stated.
- No social network platform is liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the promotion, competition or prizes.
- KCLR accepts no liability in respect of competitions operated on behalf of agencies, third parties, sponsors.
- KCLR accepts no responsibility for incomplete, lost or entries processed late due to technical malfunction.
Additional Terms: Cadbury Secret Santa 4-7 December 2023
ITEM 1: COMPETITION NAME
- Cadbury Secret Santa running from the Start Date to the End Date as set out below (the “Competition”).
ITEM 2: PROMOTER
- This is an IRS+ promotion, running across the following radio stations: KCLR 96FM
ITEM 3: WEBSITE
- The website shall be the following; www.kclr96fm.com www.irsplus.ie
ITEM 4: COMPETITION START DATE, END DATE AND ENTRY PERIODS
- Start Date: Monday 4th December
- End Date: Friday 7th December
- Any entries received before the Start Date or after the End Date (as stated above) will be invalid but you may still be charged.
- We reserve the right to broadcast the Competition at any time throughout each day during the broadcast schedule.
- Please note that the Competition Entry Period as specified in these Competition terms and conditions are final and are not impacted by the time of broadcast of announcements advertising how to enter the Competition, which may in some circumstances be delayed.
- Competition runs on KCLR Breakfast with John Walsh, 7am to 10am during start and end dates
ITEM 5: COMPETITION DETAILS
- After the Entry Period has closed, one entrant from all of the valid entries will be selected by automated random draw (the “Draw”).
- The entrant selected may be required to talk to the presenter / programming team, and the call may be recorded and played on-air (assuming there is no breach of these terms and conditions).
ITEM 6: ROUTES OF ENTRY
- Entrants can enter the Competition by sending an SMS message starting with the to each radio station’s text line. Entrants are responsible for all costs associated with entering this Competition.
ITEM 7: ENTRANT RESTRICTIONS
- The Competition is only open to people aged 18 and over who: (i) live in the Republic of Ireland, (ii) are not a radio station employee or their immediate family (including live-in partner) and (iii) are not an employee of any third-party sponsors or prize providers, or their immediate family (including live-in partner).
- Entrants must obtain permission from the bill payer before texting to enter the Competition.
ITEM 8: WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
- The winner(s) will be randomly selected each day and will be contacted by the phone number provided with their entry. This may be live on air or off-air.
- By entering the Competition, the entrant is automatically consenting to being called and having their name and location announced on-air.
- Prizes will be available for collection from the radio station.
ITEM 9: PRIZE DETAILS
- The prize includes:
- €100 Cadbury Hamper x 4 (1 for each winner, 4 winners in total)
- €250 One for All Voucher (1 winner)
- Delivery or payment of the Prize is subject to the winner providing personal identification and / or proof of address and to internal compliance checks.
- Where, it emerges after the Prize has been awarded that the entrant was in breach of these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to withdraw the Prize from that winner and they will not be entitled to any further reward or remuneration. We reserve the right to exclude individuals who breach our terms and conditions from entering our competitions.
ITEM 10: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONSENT
- We will sometimes (at our discretion) telephone entrants and ask them to speak on-air. They have the right to refuse. If they consent, their voice will be recorded and they consent to this recording being used on our radio broadcasts. Entrants agree that we will own this recording and that a copy of it will be stored for further exploitation, which may include promotion.
- Entrants will not be put through to speak on-air if we think they are driving illegally, intoxicated, likely to swear, or otherwise offend our listeners. Whilst on air for the purposes of this competition entrants must not use foul language, swear, say or do anything defamatory or illegal or say or do anything which would damage the reputation of the Promoter, is offensive or inappropriate or which would cause us, or our listeners, harm. Failure to comply will result in disqualification, and if the entrant has won the prize, this will be forfeited.
ITEM 11: OTHER CONDITIONS
- We will only accept entries that comply with our terms and conditions and we may disqualify the entrant if we know or suspect that they have breached them. All our decisions relating to the Competition and/or awarding of prizes are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into about the operation of this Competition. We have the right to cancel, amend, terminate or suspend this Competition if forced to do so due to circumstances outside our control.
ITEM 12: CODE OF CONDUCT
- The promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entrant from entering future competitions if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition. Any entrant deemed to be rude or offensive to our staff or other entrants on social media, telephone, electronic communications, post or in person will be disqualified from entry and may ultimately be banned from future entry to promotions.
ITEM 14: CONTACT DETAILS
- The organiser of this Competition is IRS+, 3 Lincoln Place, Dublin 2.
- This is an IRS+ promotion, running across the following radio stations: KCLR 96FM
- For customer support or any queries, please email [email protected]