Ukraine Service: Housing Assistance


Anyone coming to Ireland fleeing the conflict in Ukraine and seeking accommodation and other forms of support needs to register with the International Protection Accommodation Service (IPAS) as soon as possible. They should register by email only before or after arrival. The e-mail address is: [email protected]. If they have not made prior arrangements, the displaced Ukrainians will be provided with accommodation at the Border Management Unit at the airport.

For those Ukrainians who want to rent out accommodation, rent supplement aid may be available at the Department of Social Protection (DSP). The amount of coverage is calculated based on the applicant’s income. To apply for this, you should approach the officer with whom you’ve worked earlier to obtain your social welfare allowance.  Additional financial aid is available to cover the deposit when moving in.

Click on each county for a list of offices where you can apply for Supplementary Welfare Allowance (SWA) in Kilkenny and in Carlow.

Accommodation options, whether to lease or buy, can be hard to tie down with a large demand and supply shortfall.  There are a range of auctioneers across Carlow and Kilkenny who might be in a position to assist or you can check online platforms including,, and