Brussels Sprouts with Buttered Chestnuts
Takes 10 mins to make, 10 mins to cook
- 350g / 12oz Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3 tbsp butter
- 100g / 4oz canned whole chestnuts
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 50g / 2oz flaked almonds, to garnish
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook for 5 mins. Drain thoroughly.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
3. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, then add the chestnuts and nutmeg.
4. Season with salt and pepper and stir well. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring, then remove from the heat.
5. Transfer to a serving dish, scatter over the almonds and serve.