- 50g/2oz ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 red chillies
- 25ml/ 1floz fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 750g/1 ½ lb tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 400g/14oz sugar
- 150ml/ ¼ pt red wine vinegar
Put the ginger, garlic, chillies and fish sauce into a blender and whiz to puree.
Place the puree in a saucepan with the tomatoes, sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil. Stir and simmer, uncovered, for about 40 minutes, stirring regularly until thick and jammy. Pour into sterilised jars, cover, and allow to cool.