- 1.8kg/4lb roasted chicken, at room temperature
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuces
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 spring onions
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, plus extra for squeezing
- 200g/7oz packet feta cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried mint
- half a bunch of flatleaf parsley
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp black kalamata olives
- pitta bread, to serve (optional)
Pull meat from chicken and roughly shred. Trim base from lettuce, wash and dry leaves, then roughly shred. Cut tomatoes into wedges. Finely slice spring onions. Remove stones form avocadoes and peel. Cut crosswise into slices, then squeeze a little lemon juice over them. Crumble cheese and toss with the oregano and mint. Pick leaves off the parsley and set aside.
Whisk lemon juice with olive oil, and seasoning. In a large bowl, toss chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and spring onions. Fold through three quarters of the dressing with the avocados. Season, then scatter over the feta, olives and parsley and drizzle with the rest of the dressing. Squeeze extra lemon juice on top and serve with pitta bread if you wish.