KCLR NewsNews & Sport

Chimney issue on Tullow Street sees Carlow fire crew to the rescue

They removed the affected items

Carlow County Fire Service was busy again yesterday afternoon averting possible danger.

But instead of rushing to put out a blaze, personnel were called on after some old masonry became loose on a chimney on Tullow Street and there was a fear it could fall onto the ground below.

The route was closed for about 45 minutes while crews from Carlow Town reached the affected stonework and removed it.