Really go to town with this wonderful special trifle.
- 1 whole luxury raspberry and butter cream Swiss roll, sliced
- 6 tbsp Créme de Cassis
- 300g / 10oz fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed if frozen
- 500ml / 14floz double cream lightly whipped
- 75g / 3oz icing sugar, sifted
- 10 to 12 small strawberries
1. Arrange the slices of Swiss roll around the base and sides of a large trifle bowl.
2. Drizzle the Créme de Cassis over the Swiss roll, then top with the raspberries.
3. Pour over the custard.
4. In a bowl, beat together the créme fraiche, cream and icing sugar to taste, and spoon over the custard. Smooth out the surface.
5. Leave to stand for at least 30 minutes. Then decorate by scattering over the whole strawberries, stalks uppermost, and serve.