Chicken Chorizo & Olive Casserole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts, each cut into 3-4 pieces
- 3 red peppers, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 110 g/ 4 oz chorizo
- 2 onions – chopped
- 8 smoked back bacon rashers – cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 690 gr jar passata
- 50 gr / 2 oz black olives – pitted
- About 18 baby potatoes cut in half
- Fresh basil leaves – shredded
- Buttered noodles – to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C fan oven / gas mark 4
2. Heat the oil in an ovenproof casserole.
3. Add chicken and peppers. Brown the chicken all over, then remove and set aside.
4. Now fry the chorizo and add to the chicken. Add the onions and bacon, then cook for 10 mins – adding the garlic and oregano for the last minute.
5. Return the chicken and peppers to pan with passata.
6. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
7. Add olives and potatoes then cook for 30 mins more until chicken is cooked.
8. Remove from oven, then season.
9. Lastly, sprinkle basil over.